Monday, August 22, 2011

Mini Retreat

Calling to explain that I wouldn't be able to come into work the next two days induced surprisingly less guilt than I would have anticipated. With my car in the shop and the wages I would make from working tomorrow night not worth the cost of the train tickets that would take me down to San Diego and back to pick up my car on Wednesday, I've opted to camp out here in Azusa for the next two nights.

Maybe having these few days where I have nothing to do and no means of being "productive" is a good thing. It comes at an opportune time. It's almost like a little retreat, offering the time and space for me to reflect upon certain aspects of my life that I might not otherwise be able to make room for.

Could it be that my car breaking down is--for lack of a less corny term--a blessing in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment