Thursday, August 11, 2011

Dollar Is What I Need

I glance at my bank statement and it is suddenly beginning to sink in. More obvious each week is the fact that my complaints about my job not being enough to pay the bills are not just me being melodramatic; working part-time at minimum wage really is insufficient for just about anything. I live with my parents, don't pay rent, hardly ever go anywhere except to work and back home, buy some of my food but generally rely heavily on the groceries my mom and dad bring home...and yet I'm even more broke now than I was two months ago. Even the tiniest splurge is too much. This week I was reckless: I bought two new blouses and ate out twice (never mind that the total of these four purchases amounted to less than fifty dollars). I just can't afford that. At all. Ever.

I have to find a better job. It's not just a matter of learning to be more frugal, although I concede that frugality and simplicity are disciplines I ought to be practicing more devoutly. I really do need to find a means of earning a living. Up until this point I've been too picky. Too idealistic. It's time to set aside my stubbornness and pride. It's time to get a sucky job that pays well.

No comments:

Post a Comment