Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Life After Twenty-Five?

In a few short weeks, both this blog and my twenty-fifth year of life will simultaneously meet their conclusions. It is with mixed regret and relief that I consider my scheduled abandonment of this little writing project I have kept to with varied levels of dedication. Though I am indebted to this blog in the structure it has provided, encouraging me to establish a routine of writing on a daily basis, I am exhausted by the lack of continuity from one post to the next. The discipline of daily writing has, I believe, enabled me to grow somewhat as a writer; however, the limitations of the medium inhibit continued substantial artistic development. Though I do have concerns about decreased accountability, I am looking forward to drawing away from the ever-scrutinizing eye of the invisible public and doing more of my writing in private. I anticipate that, without the demand of creating some coherent, cohesive, well-packaged article every evening that is at least somewhat suitable for publication, I will be free to dedicate myself to longer-term projects. Stuff that will stretch me and help me to grow. Stuff that--who knows?--I might be able to sell or at least get published on a blog of which I am not the sole manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment