Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Stats

I'm highly addicted to checking the "Stats" page for my blog. I recently discovered this feature and get very excited each time I learn something new about the people who are viewing this site. For example, a week or so ago I was delighted by the information that someone had just happened upon my blog while running a search for the term, "how much days is 9999 hours." If you Google this term, without the quotation marks, you will find an earlier post from this blog displayed on the first page of results! I don't even care if it takes some ridiculously poor grammar to get there. I'm proud.

What's more, I was pleased to learn that, on two separate occasions, someone had searched for the term "wrap wars" and come across my Christmas wrapping paper-themed post of the same title. Go ahead: plug it into a Google search. Currently, it's result number three (not counting the Youtube videos)!

I think the most exciting statistical information regarding my blog, however, is the information detailing the different countries my viewers are from. The figures from countries where I know I don't know anybody are the most satisfying to see. In just this last month, I've enjoyed nine page views from Malaysia! I don't know anybody in Malaysia! What fun!

From deductive reasoning, I've discerned that I have one fairly regular Canadian viewer who accesses my site via his or her iPhone. I want to give a shout out to my iPhone-toting Canadian supporter. If in fact you do exist--and are not simply a coincidental synchrony of statistical figures--know this: I am grateful for you.

3 comments:

  1. Where is this stats feature that you speak of?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Click on "Design" at the top right-hand corner of your page, then click on the "Stats" tab. I think you will get addicted, too.

    ReplyDelete