Sunday, December 19, 2010

Wrap Wars

A few days ago, as I was passing by the family Christmas tree, I noticed that my sister Lindsay had already wrapped and placed a few packages 'neath its branches.



What? And Christmas still nearly two weeks away? I hadn't anticipated seeing her fall into formation so early. Armed with saved scraps of paper, yarn, and jingle bells, I immediately retaliated with a few maneuvers of my own.







After that, there was a long period of silence. No new parcels were placed under the tree. It seemed my tactics had prevailed. Then, without warning, Lindsay broke out the heavy artillery.



I threw up the white flag and retreated to my craft box...I mean, bunker...to regroup for next year.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, and the jingle bells. I really like the jingle bells.

    ReplyDelete