Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hi, my name is Meghan...

I'm addicted to Netflix.

There was a period in my life, up until about--oh--one month ago, when I really didn't have any interest in being completely engrossed in a sitcom or TV drama. It's not a superior "I don't waste my time watching television" thing, I swear...or, at least, it isn't now: Now that I, too, have fallen so far.

Oh god, it's exactly the same as it was with The Sims.

It's like, there were all these TV shows out there that your friends were always talking about but you'd never actually seen yourself. You just figured you already had all these other things going on in your life and adding new distractions wasn't a high priority. But now you finally sit down and watch these programs and...dang...they're actually pretty good. Like, really good. Like, I can't stop watching them and when I get tired of one show because I've watched, say eight episodes in a row, I just switch to another show because, thanks to the miracle of instant streaming, I now have at my fingertips EVERYTHING I'VE EVER WANTED (or didn't actually want but, hey, it's not like I've got much else better to do).

In the last three days, I've watched the first one and a half seasons of 30 Rock and half of the first season of Heroes. Plus a couple of movies.

If I can't save myself, then who can?

No comments:

Post a Comment