Thursday, September 16, 2010

Goods & Bads

Bad news: I had to get up very early this morning to take my sister to the airport.

Good news: I (usually) like getting up early. From the airport, I went to Starbucks, ordered a soy latte and a zucchini muffin, and read my book for an hour.

Bad news: My car is having problems. I took it into the dealer for a checkup and to diagnose the reason for the "Check Engine Light" turning on. They found several things wrong, and quoted me over $1000 for everything, parts and labor.

Good news: I called another mechanic in the area and he estimated a much lower price for the labor. So I drove my car to his shop.

Good news: One of my favorite restaurants ever, Ranchos, is just a couple blocks from that auto shop.

Good news: Their soy chorizo torta is just as delicious as I remembered it.

Bad news: I didn't have a car now, so I had to get around using public transport.

Good news: I love using public transport! Especially when I'm not in a hurry. I can relax and read a book!

Good news: I took the bus downtown to a movie theater and saw Toy Story 3! And I liked it!

Good news: I had a lot of free time to go shopping.

Bad news: I didn't find anything that I wanted to buy, a situation that always leaves me feeling sort of relieved but mostly just anxious.

Good news: I had frozen yogurt from the best frozen yogurt place (where I used to work).

Bad news: I didn't feel like writing.

Good news: I did it anyway!

Bad news: The writing I did was in the form of a list of daily events categorized as either "Good news" or "Bad news," which is definitely a cop out, not to mention cheesy.

No comments:

Post a Comment